Monday, July 13, 2009

Backyard Baseball and Victoria......

Well a few weekends ago was Adams birthday and we had a family BBQ. This time I actually brought a girl home to the family which is something I dont EVER do. This girl is a little different and I think she is gonna be around for a while. I gotta thank Amy for introducing us though because I wouldnt have met her if it wasnt for her. Ill get back to her in a bit, but of course we had a blast out in the backyard playing some random sport like we always do. This time we decided on Baseball!! Adam counted everyone off by giving numbers 1 and 2 but for some reason he ended up with all the little kids on his team and all the old timers on my team. I wasnt able to get a picture of everyone but here are a few of the Baseball players that day....
Charlie was our MVP....Taylor had the best batting stance by far....Mason was crowding the plate to intimidate the pitcher....David struck out on this at bat but we let him keep swinging since we felt so bad for him....Dad hit this one into the Ficklins yard.....Bradley was showing off his guns he's been working out on....and Victoria did ok but at least we always knew where she was with her hot pink shirt.....Mom and her were sharing fashion ideas after the at bat. So back to Victoria. She is one of the awesome girls Ive ever met and I am hoping she doesnt get sick of me and wants to stay around for a while. We are trying the whole long distance thing right now and it is pretty tough but Im hoping she'll be able to move back up here in a few months if it all works out. THanks again Amy!! This is Robby, Jerry, Victoria and I showing off our Robot moves.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Michael, this post makes me so sad to miss out on all the family fun! Wish I could meet Victoria, she sounds awesome (and she's blonde - the right color for a Koch boy, apparently;)). Why don't you bring her out for a weekend in New Orleans???

Rachel B. said...

Your posts always seem to make me laugh out loud (or LOL if you will). Love the baseball commentary. And I'm glad to see that you and Victoria are trying things out again. She's cute! Keep us POSTED...haha..get it?!

Amy said...

I'm glad you got all these pictures of the fun, Michael. I didn't have my camera that day, but you are a much more entertaining poster anyway. I love your narration of the festivities. I was thinking I should have gotten into the fun and let my high school softball skills shine, but then when I saw all the cuts on my kids' hands (even Dave's) from the Molly-eaten bat, I decided the view from the sidelines wasn't all that bad. Glad you're giving the long-distance thing a try. Good luck!